CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Show Tunes Tuesday

The hills were alive this morning at 6:30 am. One of the lovely things about sharing a bathroom with a vocalist is that morning singing is never off limits. Mandie and I get ready at the same time most days. While somewhat cramped, we have a nice large mirror in our bathroom and have no trouble sharing. Is this too much info for this blog? Am I supposed to be saying "bathroom" on here. Well anyway, I digress. So, I don't know how it all got started, but on this particular Tuesday morning we shared several tunes from the beloved Sound of Music soundtrack. Oh we needed no accompaniment...belting out Edelweiss in two part harmony was enough to launch a full on medley. From the Lonely Goatheard to Favorite Things, each song was worked into our routine. It was beautiful. Well...maybe not, but we had fun. Jessica had the sheer privilege of being on the other side of the bathroom wall. Did she hum along...or rev up her hairdryer to drown out the AM annoyance? Who knows. What will next Tuesday morning hold? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious has always been a favorite of mine...we shall see. Until then, I urge all my co-habitating friends out there to make the most of your mornings. Additionally, Show Tunes Tuesday Vol 1. will be made available for purchase by late November.

4 comments:

Elisa M said...

This makes me want roomates! I LOVE the sound of music and particularly love to sing "how do you solve a problem like Maria". Can I spend the night with you guys and sing in the morning? please?!

MaryMartha said...

YEAH, I'm so glad your posting again.
Whoa, thats some mighty happy songs at 6AM!
MM

The Westmorelands said...

good post, lady! i had been wondering if the party over there had died out... there's nothing like some early morning singing to get you going.

jess said...

glad you gals are back.

are there any superior show tunes?
i think not.
what a great way to start the day :)

seriously, that reminds me of college. amanda skinner would fit right in.